Every computer and laptop also has an address of existence, known as the Internet Protocol Address (IP address). Of course, the IP address of each of our computers will be different. You will find out the IP address of your laptop or computer when connected to the Internet. So what is the IP address like? The IP address of a computer or laptop consists of a series of numbers as identification addresses for each device connected to the Internet. For example, it can be used to configure the internet or office computer network.
In addition to identifying devices that are connected to the network, IP addresses are used to scale the network used. From here you can see how big the network is with the allocation of existing IP addresses. Other features can also be used to track the existence of the device. In other words, it can also be used as a track for internet users.
Actually, there are many ways you find the IP address on your computer. Each of these methods will be carried out with different steps. But this time, I will consider two very simple ways to do this so that you can see the IP of your computer and laptop.
Find the IP address of the computer via (CMD)
The steps you can take to see IP addresses through the command line are very simple. You can just follow the steps below:
- Go to the command line menu in the Start menu. Or it can also be done by pressing the Windows key + R
- After the command prompt window appears, type the ipconfig command. The goal is to display information about the list of connections on your computer. Then press the enter key.
- The next command line displays a list of your computer and laptop connections at the same time as the IP address. Thus, using the command line (Command prompt) you can also find out how fast. Even for those of you who are experts, you can also turn off Wi-Fi and other Internet using the command line (Command prompt).
- You already know what IP address your computer or laptop is. This is the identity of your computer. If you surf, every open website will get your IP address, so if you open an adult website, you can find out which computer is open.
Find the computer’s IP address through a network connection (Network Connections)
- Open the “Network Connections” menu in the “Start” menu. Or it can also be done by pressing the Windows + R key to open the startup program.
- On the menu that appears type ncpa.cpl and press the Enter key.
- Then several profiles will appear on your computer, then you select the profile of the active or active connection. Active connections are usually labeled with signal strength. Then right-click, and you will see many options, please select Status.
- Then it will appear showing the status of your computer’s Internet connection, starting with speed, duration, and so on.
- Finally, to see the IP addresses of computers and laptops, as well as other detailed information, click the Details menu. Then a menu will appear showing the IP address of your computer. For IP addresses, you indicate the number to the right of the word IPv4 address.
Here are Helpful Tutorial to find IP Address in Windows 7, 8, 10. I hope you can use this helpful tutorial because it’s very easy way. Thanks.